Thursday, May 27, 2010

Get dressed to lace up shoes. Baby Step #2.


Today I want you get up and get dressed to lace up shoes when you first get up in the morning. This means fix your hair and face too.


In order for us to change ourselves we need to remind ourselves of what we are doing. I did this with yellow sticky notes throughout my home to guide me through my day. This was the beginning of my home control journal. I had little notes on my bathroom mirror to remind me to get dressed to shoes.
Shine your sink before you go to bed.

------------------------------------------

I left my house at 8:30 yesterday morning and didn't return until after 10:00 at night. I am typically gone at work most, if not all, of the day on Wednesday's. This made keeping up with the plan difficult, and it was only day 2!

I hadn't checked to see what yesterday's baby step was before I left the house and I walked out in slip on tennis shoes. So I failed that one.

But, the idea is to get totally ready first thing in the morning, and that is something I did accomplish!

When I got home after our church's Biggest Loser Party, I kept my shoes on and shined my sink though. Even though I hadn't been home all day and it was the last thing in the world I wanted to do!

I didn't bother cleaning my kitchen or putting away the dry dishes that were on a towel next to the sink, but I did wash what was dirty and scrub my sink out. I even dried the water spots with a dry cloth!

2 comments:

Rebecca.Alburn said...

Good for you! I find that if I keep my shoes on after work and stay in constant momentum, I forget how tired I am and get a whole lot accomplished. Hopefully your more "easygoing" (ha! what are those?) days will start with getting ready and putting shoes on and you'll make FlyLady happy. :)

beachbirdie said...

And remember...

You are never behind!